- 4-hour Lion’s Head hike in Cape Town, led by an expert guide
- Learn about the surrounding views and facts about Lion’s Head
- See incredible flora and fauna as you walk Lion’s Head and then around the mountain.
- Admire breathtaking panoramas of South Africa’s oceans and mountains, the Cape of Good Hope and the Twelve Apostles
- Pose for photos against the backdrop of Table Mountain and Robben Island before descending to Cape Town
Lion’s Head hike cost is R 850 = $ 65 per person.
What to Expect
Get picked up outside your hotel and transported to the foot of Lion’s Head where you’ll meet your expert guide. The mountain is not only a symbol of Cape Town, it’s also a protected national park and provides many South Africans with pride and joy.
After an introduction by your guide to the history of Lion’s Head, begin climbing the gravel path up Lion’s Head. There will be breaks along the way to catch your breath and admire the views, though your guide will ensure enough time to get to the top and back. There will be no rush because your hike will be private, unless otherwise requested to the support at our tour company.
The hike to the top takes approximately 2 hours. It’s a satisfying accomplishment to reach the summit after winding your way up the dirt paths and stone steps. Along the way, look one way to see Cape Town’s harbor and Robben Island, and the other way to see Table Mountain and the Twelve Apostles continue into the distance.
Once you reach the top, enjoy some free time to explore the unique plant life and snap photographs before you begin the hike back down to the bottom of the mountain. Back at the base of Lion’s Head, climb into the shuttle once again for transport back to your hotel.
Please note: Complimentary hotel pick-up covers only Cape Town City Centre Hotels, Waterfront and Atlantic Seaboard Hotels only
Sunrise, Afternoon, Sunset
Returns to original departure point
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Snacks, Drinks, Water
- Hiking clothing and shoes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date.
- Please ensure that you wear comfortable walking shoes/clothes, it is also recommended that you bring a sunhat, sunglasses, sunscreen and a light jacket as it will be cooler at the summit
- It is recommended that you bring water with you for the hike (up to 2 litres)
1 – 10 of 2 360 reviews
I was in Cape Town for two months volunteering and during this time I did two guided hikes for sunrise and one for sunset. The views are spectacular and it’s normally about 30-45 mins in each direction.
on your visit to Cape Town, you can climb /walk Lions head and have a 360 degree spectacular views of the Atlantic seaboard and Table mountain….below is the city and the ocean…and after your guided hike enjoy the luxury transport back to your accommodation
Went up a morning with my wife on the guided hike. Started at 8:00. It was a 2 hour walk up. Nice guide.
Never been to Cape Town. The town offers so much beautiful views.Our guide took us here and we were grateful that she did.
Put on your hiking shoes, pack plenty of water, warm jacket and head. I booked the hike on the few days before or after official full moon to miss the thousands of folk climbing this iconic mountain on the night of full moon.
One of the Cape Town’s icons. It is right in the center of town overlooking pretty much the whole Cape Town. The walk is pretty easy and you should get to the top in one hour. I didn’t feel comfortable hiking alone so I booked the guided hike. It was very rewarding.
The walk is tricky but beautiful views from start to finish. The climb up an down was worth it when you got to the top. The guide was excellent.
You have to be fit to do the climb up to the top of lions head. The views from the top are the worth the effort thou. Carry lots of water, a hat and wear sunscreen. Wear proper hiking shoes since the terrain is rough…More
very nice place as fare as the weather help a lot ….very natural superb view… like this place …wonderful time with guided hike. Love it.